Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Surprising Cycle Review

Surprising b/c since i developed OHSS i was expecting to hear "you need to wait 3 months to start again." But instead i heard:

"Lets start the Lupron early next week and do the ER mid januray!"

I was shocked!!!

So heres the breakdown on what we're doing next cycle:

* Start with 200u of Follistim, instead if 225u to try to prevent OHSS
* Start Heparin day 4 of stims (she thinks i have a clotting d/o thats not found yet and since im @ increased risk of OHSS - which can lead to thrombolis...so we're starting it sooner.)
* She believes the OHSS was a factor why i did not become pregnant, but cant say for sure
* My 2 healthy boys did extremely well after going through the PGD so shes hopeful.
* She said that my ratio for normal vs. abnormal shows we should have healthy ones the next time around.
*PIO (progesterone in oil, an IM shot) instead of the supps.
*She said I WILL get pregnant, its just a matter of WHEN.

Overall, im extremely happy with the outcome. I have a fantastic doctor (i love her) and we found the reason for the m/c's. She is very proactive to achive a healthy pregnany (whereas my last RE i felt like i was fighting for him to help me.)

I cant wait to start the Lupron and get this next cycle underway!!!!

Also, mentally im doing ALOT better. Im feeling ALOT of hope with the next cycle and im trying to hold onto that. When i start to feel OK about things i automatically think negatively to protect myself. But who am i thinking? Im going to be upset if it doesnt work this next time if i protect myself or not! So im trying to remain as positive as possible!!

So here we go again!!! YAY!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there Torri,
Wow alot has happened since I last spoke to you. I wish you and Pete the best for this holiday season. I am thinking and praying for you. It's time for things to turn in the right direction. I miss you.
Love,
Pam

Anonymous said...

YAY!!! :) GOOD LUCK!!! thinking of ya