Thursday, January 29, 2009

a very long overdue update!

Jack is doing very well. He is 16 months and such a riot! He's been walking since Sept 1st and i was the one who saw it! He says mommom, daddee, doggy,hewwo, nana (banana), dat (that). He loves to climb all over everything and is a very social baby, he loves everyone. His favorite shows are lomax, elmo and barney. He sleeps from 7pm to 5am then naps btw 8am-10pm to 10-12, then takes a small nap in the afternoon if im lucky.

Things have been going well. I weaned him completely on dec 19 and i believe i got pregnant that night. I found out on new years. But my betas were 32 and then 32 again 48 hours later. I knew from the start it wasnt going to end well. but then my betas starting rising appropriately. Everything was going well until 1/20. To make a very long story short i ended up with a ruptured ectopic pregnancy and had emergency surgery. I lost my right tube. Im pretty devastated and was hoping for a "normal" pregnancy. My OB basically told me to stick to ivf since that was my only successful pregnancy out of the 6 i've had.

So we are going to wait until Jack is 2 and try for another.

4 comments:

Grad3 said...

Torri, I am thrilled that Jack is doing so incredibly well. Amazing little munchkin :)

As for the rest-- we both know that there are no right words. None. So I will send my ~love, hugs, and prayers~

Thinking of you three.

Kristen said...

I'm so happy to hear from you and that Jack is thriving.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss. I wish there was something I could say or do but I will be keeping you in my prayers. XOXO

Jessica said...

I am so sorry about the ectopic. I had one before Brody, but luckily caught it before it ruptured. My best friend lost a tube to an EP and went on to have two healthy pregnancies.

Sounds like Jack is doing great! We are also waiting till Brody is two to try for another one. Heck, maybe we'll both have little girls next with the same bdays!

Anonymous said...

Hi Torri,

So nice to see you pop in over at RPL. Jack is so beautiful and getting so big! YAY! I was so sorry to read about your ectopic and right tube, I'm so sorry, hun. I'm sending loads of hugs to you.

Leanna