Friday, October 19, 2007

1 month old!

Gotta be quick b/c i got a fussy baby right now!

Jack now weight 8 pounds 2 ounces and is 20 inches long! So he's gained lil over 2 and half pounds sincw his one week appt. and 2 inches! Go BUDDY! He still looks a lil jaundiced so we had to go to the hospital for a blood draw :( I havent heard anything so i hope all is well. She said it could be "breastmilk jaundice", so i may need to stop breastfeeding for a few days :( I hope not since i love doing it. He also has slight reflux so we need to elevate his bassinet and keep him upright for a half hour after feeds.

He nurses more frequently now, about every 2 hours and does one side at a time. The insurance co. took away my hospital grade pump yesterday so i cant pump anymore :( My sis gave me her pump but it hurts like a bitch - i dont know how she exclusively pumped for 4 mo. with this hoover!!

i wake up about 3x a night to nurse him. He has a fussy time from 8p-12a. He just wants to nurse, nurse, nurse...ive tried a pacifer but he gags on it, then spits up, thus he's hungry again. So speaking of that i gtg b/c he's screaming!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry they took away your pump. I'd send you my fancy one that doesn't get used anymore (is that gross? lol) but it cost about $300 and the hubby is insisting we save it for the "next baby"!