Monday, November 30, 2009

The Plan

Well the dam holiday season is going to screw up my timing so now i have to wait until January to have the ER! GRRR ... but things happen for a reason so im just gonna try to keep busy until then, which should be easy since its xmas and all :)

So we went over my cycle and theres really no reason why it didnt work, just didnt so we try again. We did talk about how i stim super quick and only get in 7 days of stims so we going to lower the dosage to 175 of Follistim and hope to get an extra night in so i have a couple more mature eggs to work with....the last cycle i had 15 eggs retrieved, 9 mature and 6 fertilized, 2 stopped growing, 4 made it to PGD and we had 1 healthy. We're hoping to get 2 healthy next time.

I also asked her if she could do my ER an ET since i somewhat had a bad experiece with the other docs....Dr. R just came in and counted my follicles and barely talked to me...i said "thank you" to him afterwards and he didnt even look up at me and reply. Dr. B did my transfer and he told me a few times he wished the embryo looked better or was further along, which completely stressed me out! Which i know from experience with my patients (and friends) that nonperfect embryos can result in a pregnancy just as much as a "perfect" one. I asked about Jack and he was a pre-blast which was fragmented "up until day 3" but he was 5 cells on day 2 when most are 4 cells. So she said that when i get my period (which should be by monday) to call her and the coordinator and she will try to be around on my expected ER and ET. But its most likely not going to happen since shes only there on wednesdays. But i tried. But a little rant on that....shes most going to get crap from the director for doing my procedures, which i dont get since im HER patient and if shes around, why not? Over at the hospital its all about making the patients happy...apparently not next door...whatever.

So Lupron will start around xmas and the ER will be in mid jan. Fingers crossed!!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

Good Luck!