Wednesday, October 18, 2006

I did it MYSELF!!!

This morning was my first Lupron shot and i was scared to DEATH!!! I was having nightmares ALL night! So i finally said "screw it" and got up to do it. Pete did my heparin shots with my last pregnancy b/c im such a baby (yes, i know, being a nurse i should have no problems, but its different when its YOU!) But im happy to report that it was ME to did the injection!!! It didnt even hurt! Im so excited to do my next one now HAHA!!

Today was a very eventful day. I had the consult with Dr. P to go over the PGD. She was SO NICE!! She actually talked TO us not AT us! She even went through my whole chart and suggested quite a few things that would help our odds.

First she thinks theres an implantation issue. So she suggests starting the Lovenox right after transfer. Im psyched about that, ive been TRYING to get someone to LISTEN to me about my ideas and was getting NOWHERE. But SHE brought it up!! So we are going to do that.

Second, sometimes ppl with RPL have too many sperm penetrate the egg causing the m/c's so we are doing ICSI (one single sperm is injected into the egg.)

Lastly, she doesnt think the mycoplasma is causing the m/c's but is concerned that i only have taken a 10 day course of antibiotics to treat the endometrtis i had back in march. So if the mycoplasma comes back + again then im going on a 21 course treatment. I had the option of getting another endo biopsy done but i just feel ive had too many instruments stuck up me and it will just cause things to get worse. Id rather just take the antibiotics.

So all in all it was a very good appt. I feel HOPE for the first time in months. She feels we have a chance. Im very curious to see where this will lead.

Onto normal life events. We got a black lab puppy on Saturday named Sadie - shes a sweet little thing. Nala is adapting very well to her. Ill post some pics soon.
Also Curry is still holding in. She went to the docs today and shes not dilating or effaced yet so they wont be inducing her :( She 39weeks on friday - that baby has got to come out!

No comments: