Wednesday, November 28, 2007

One year ago...

It was a year ago that i got the dreaded news that our first IVF/PGD cycle didnt work. I can still feel the pain of that moment. Pete and i were so devasted. I didnt talk to anyone for days. After the phone call we went for a walk with the dogs at the Norton Turkey Farm. We talked about how it WILL happen one day and we just need to stay positive. Turthfully, i hate going back there b/c i just remember that pain.

Trying to have a baby ran my life for 16 months. That really doesnt sound like too long and i know ppl where it took YEARS. But those 16 months were hell. After each m/c i felt like my dream was further out of my reach. The pain of not being able to keep a pregnancy was the worst i had ever felt.

I didnt give up though and im so glad i didnt. I now have a beautiful baby boy who is my world. I have a hard time even taking a shower b/c he'll be out of my sight! Being a mother is truly the best thing..no words can explain it.

So for those who are still trying...dont give up...remain positive. And when it does happen it will feel like youve had that little baby your whole life!

No comments: