Sunday, November 28, 2010

Transfer

This transfer was by far the most uninformed one ive ever had. With PGD i always got 2+ phone calls from my doc telling me how the embryos are doing, thier stages and what will be transferred.

I go no phone calls this time asides from the IVF lab to tell me 6 were progressing.

Yesterday - the day of the transfer- we woke up, dropped Jack off at my IL's and heading in.

They recently moved my RE's office from a cozy office to a more contemporary building that now has 2 floors. Im still getting use to the place. My ER i was stuck in a small room with the door closed while i slowly slipped into a panic attack (not full blown but shaky and crying)..all my anxiety during the cycle erupts on this day.

So anyways..same thing happened...they put me into a small room told me to take off my pants and wait...and wait. Thanksfully Pete was with me or i would have gone nuts. We had NO IDEA how many they wanted to transfer, how the embabies were doing, ect.

After an hour and a hlaf the doctor and the embryologist finally came in. It was Dr. Robins who was really nice and he told me "we are transferring 4 today"....I was like "WHAT?!"....i guess Dr. P said to put in 4 so they "hatched" 4. He said the 4th one was only a 4 cell and most likely "wont make it"...So we didnt have the heart to say NO...what if he/she is a little fighter and thats the one that sticks?

In this room i could barely see the screen so i didnt get to see the flash of light when the embryos went in....They told me to lay there for 15 minutes (another new thing) then i could get up, pee, get dressed and leave.

So i walked out of there with:

2- 8 cells
1- 7 cells
1- 4cells

inside my uterus...

I layed around all day yesterday and plan on doing the same thing today.

Now we wait..

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I am going to be impatiently waiting to hear the results! :)