Friday, January 19, 2007

PGD Results/Transfer

I didnt find out until 900pm on wednesday that we had 2 HEALTHY petri-babies!!! It was a VERY long day to wait, i was going out of my mind!

So yesterday we had the transfer. I was the only one there since i had the last transfer of the day. We waited for a bit and the nurse went over our d/c instructions. Dr. P came in and wizzed by us and said "follow me". She personally wanted to do the transfer, which i thought was so nice of her.

I go in the back and sit on the stretcher. Pete sat next to me. Dr. P came out from the back (where they keep the embryos) and she showed us a picture of the babes!!! It was SO COOL!! They were hatching blasts so they were at the best stage we could ask for. The last cycle our embies were still morulas, so this was good news!!

She then showed us the PGD report. She had the sexes covered. They didnt give me the PGD report to take home so i dont know the exact abnormalites, but i know there was a Complex abnormality, Trisomy 22, and some monosomies.

She asked if we wanted to know the sexes and we did.....

BOY AND GIRL!!!

I was thrilled!!!! I hope both take!

They had a bitch of a time getting into my cervix, it took about 15 minutes of poking and prodding, it wasnt fun, but ill do what i gotta do! She finally got in and the embryologist went to go get the babes. We saw the flash of light and the 2 dots go into my uterus. Now its up to them to stick and stay!!!

The PIO shots have been fine. Im all bruised on my belly from the heparin, so its such a small price to pay to have a healthy pregnancy!!

So now im staying on the couch until saturday. I didnt do bedrest last time. Im trying to do everything different from last time!

Beta is 1/29...10 days.

No comments: