Saturday, July 14, 2007

28 weeks!

Well i gotta say is my luck is funny...i FAILED my 3 hour glucose tet, so im a Gestational Diabetic! The kicker is, i failed it by 3 points! My fasting was normal, my one hour was off my 1 point, my 2 hour was WAY high but its OK to have one high number and my 3 hour was off by 2 points. So if my 1 and 3 hour were WNLs i would have passed! Oh well. I have to call monday to find out when the diabetic class is and it looks like on top of the 2 shots i give myself a day i know how to prick my finger 4 times a day! Its a good thing im not scared of needles anymore!

Im starting to feel a tad uncomfy. I cant sit for a long time or my tailbone hurts, and my pubic bone is really sore when i move around at night. My belly button is almost flat, i dont think ill lose it completely but its getting close! All other things are still the same.

The nursery is coming along. I do have some pics of it so far and i did take a 28wk pic today but i just dont feel like uploading right now so ill post them all later :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

doesn't that just figure about the diabetes! oh well, we know there are worse things. :) can't wait to see the pics. :)

Anonymous said...

Torri- I am thinking about trying PGD - I am really scared and confused - I have had a total of 3 preg. --- my first with IVF resulted in a stillborn at 36 wks due to a clot....2nd --just preg. for 2 weeks / missed (with left over frozen eggs) and 3rd June 25, 2007 (fresh cycle) no heartbeat at 7 wks...I have a blood clotting disorder APLS and have to take LOvenox --Pgd in NY is 5200. dollars.Doctor is on the fence about doing PGD. Tissue sample came back normal/inconclusive on
this last miss and my son's autopsy revealed no abnormalities. What do you think? Should I just try another fresh cycle w/out PGD? My hubsand has good sperm...I just turned 37...E mail if you can...ljovans@optonline.net Good luck to you. Laurie