Saturday, July 28, 2007

We're in the thirties!! (30 wks)

Yes, i know what your thinking...IM HUGE!!! Theres no denying that :) You will not believe the comments i recieve from ppl. Some guy in Target tonight let me go in front of him b/c "i needed to go home and pack my bags b/c i was about to have a baby!" When i told him i had 6-7wks left (i dont even tell ppl when im actually due since i get this look of HORROR) he looked at me and said "you have GOT to be kidding!?" Nice, huh? Then a lady walking her dog the other day told me i looked like her daughter who was due THAT DAY...thanks! I LOVE my belly and ppl just need to get over the fact that im carrying the way i am!

So other then the "OMG your HUGE!" comments, things are going well. My whole pelvic region is very sore. I guess its from the ligaments and joints loosening to prepare for birth. I dont think my body got the memo that my hips will do just fine with the size they are now! My bladder is also getting pretty beat up.

The Diabetes is by no lie a HUGE pain in the ass!! When your pregnant you want to eat what YOU want WHEN you want it and you just cant with this. My blood sugars have been fine. We went out to lunch today at the Wayside Inn today and i tried very hard to make good choices but you know what? I wanted some apple pie! lol..so much blood sugar was 127 2 hours after (should be 120 or below)..oh well. Ive also been doing 20 minute walks after each meal and that seems to really help and keep my sugars below 100. Im meeting with the nutritionist this coming friday and hopefully ill learn more choices as to what to eat b/c im getting sick of peanut butter and cheese and crackers real quick!! But ill do whatever i need to to keep this lil man healthy and strong.

I always talk about my pregnancy but havent given much credit to my great husband. He has been WONDERFUL! I seriously have the best hubby :) He rubs my feet every night, helps me get out of bed in the middle of the night so i can pee, rubs my back ect., ect. I think ill keep him. He also says "thanks for doing all that you do for our son", which really helps me. Being pregnant has def. made me fall more in love with him and brought our relationship to another level. I love him very much :)

4 comments:

Len and Carrie said...

I think you look absolutely beautiful!! You don't have too much longer and he'll be here!!

Hang in there!!

~Carrie B.~

Anonymous said...

Yup, you've popped alright! Don't take the comments to heart. You worked so hard to have that belly and I know you are enjoying it!!!

Kim

Grad3 said...

I think that you look perfect and beautiful :) Wow, you really ARE going to have a son!!! :) Amazing and inspiring... Hugs ~Amy

Anonymous said...

you do look great! you are ALL BELLY! and i love pregnant belly's...so there's nothing wrong with that! hope to see you soon dear! :)