Friday, January 28, 2011

Telling People

This has actually been quite funny. Since i had OHSS i have looked a good 4-5 mo. preggo even before my positive beta. Everyone i know that i see at work, all my friends, family know i've been going through HELL to have a second baby. Im very open about my struggles since that how i cope. I was out of work until i was close to 6 weeks due to the OHSS...everyone knew i did IVF (had to get a bunch of days off and do switches w/ people...and its kinda hard to hide my medication bag).

When i went back to work i had the worst nausea IN.THE.WORLD. (ok maybe im exagerrating but it was awful)...pair that with small tiny room that smell like feet or patients that eat ethic food...i looked green most of the time. So my big belly and my constant running to bathroom to dry heave gave me away in an instant. Plus my co-workers are like my BFFs, nothing gets by them...so they all know.

My family...well besides the obv. of our parents and siblings i hoped to keep this on the DL until the 2T....BUT i went to a xmas party with my big ol' belly walking in before me...cat out of the bag.

My friends...well alll my good friends who know i was going through all this kept tabs on me and knew my dates for tests and stuff...so no secret there.

So whose left? Extended family and Facebook. Which putting it on FB will tell the extended family (and the ppl that are my "friends"). I am so tempted to put up my NT Scan pic of the twins but Pete said not yet (he has been WAY more quiet about this then me and im pretty sure even his "good" friends dont even know). So once i tag that u/s pic with his name on it...surprise!!

I just want it out there. Im so done with being "cautious" i want to enjoy this. Ive worked my ass off to have this pregnancy. I know that technically the 2T starts at 13.3wks but im pretty sure that if my scan on Monday still looks good im letting the news out once i hit 12 weeks which is 2/2. I have all my u/s pics and belly pics ready to load on here but i cant do it until i upload them from my phone which the only way i can do that if posting it on FB first. Ive tried emailing them to myself but its not working ..grr!

So Monday im saying "goodbye" to Dr. P...i hate that :( She has been so great to me. I wish i could stay with her through it all. But ill be off to Dr. B who i also love but, he doesnt have a Vagina and has never been pregnant so he doesnt really "get it"...But he saved me and Jacks life and he knows my history so im sticking with him. Im going to give Dr. P some homemade wine that Pete made and the staff some baked goods with a card for each. Of course Dr. P's card is going to be all sappy. Its bittersweet. After these babes, we.are.DONE. And THAT is going to be one good feeling!

2 comments:

Jessica said...

I was horrible at keeping my pregnancy a secret! Have fun telling everyon!

Kim said...

I'm so excited for pics! Tell Dr. P hello. She probably doesnt remember me but if you mention "triplets" she might. One of these days I am going to go by there and show her the miracles she helped create.