Wednesday, February 16, 2011

14 weeks!

Its been a stressful week for me. Im still spotting here and there and it is driving me NUTS! It just brings back all the fears i had with Jacks pregnancy. By now, with him, i was on bedrest.

On Friday night at work i had a super busy night and didnt stop at all. At the end of the night i had another gush of brown goop. This was after not spotting for 4 days...ug! Thankfully i work at an OB hospital so i ran down just to get a quick scan to make sure everything was OK...it was (phew!). I have what they call a "friable cervix". Apparently any activity, coughing, sneezing, bowel movements can cause some spotting. Since its brown blood they told me not to worry (HA!). Thank goodness i have my doppler...that thing is my lifesaver!!

I started spotting again yesterday (still brown) but it picks up quite a bit when i work - really wishing i had a desk job right now. Also while working my hips ache my belly gets heavy and i just get so tired really quickly. I dont know how much more i can take.

Im going Friday for my OB appt. So im going to tell him my concerns about working and see if he'll take me out. I worked til 13.3 with Jack so i bypassed that! I was hoping to make it to 20 weeks but i dont think its going to happen! He may keep me in since the spotting isnt associated with the babies but he knows my history so hopefully he'll understand where im coming from.

Other than that im doing well. Hormonal migraines have taken over the nausea. I still have major food adversions and prob will never eat certain foods again once im not PG...like bagels, doritos, chips, anything gluten free, chicken noodle soup, tortilla chips. Pizza has been the my major craving, spinahc and fruit come very close to 2nd.

Ill post a belly pic at some point but right now i have a headache and im not showered.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

I totally hear you on the spotting frustration. I've had it on and off the past few weeks as well. I'm glad everything is going well with the babies!