Wednesday, June 29, 2011

33 Weeks!

Looks fake doesnt it?

So this week was pretty eventful. So ill try to break it down

Last Thursday we had our growth scan. Lily was 4lbs even and looked great. Sam was 3lbs 10oz. The tech didnt say anything to me with there being a concern. They were 150g apart so i thought all was good.

After the scan i had my appt. I finally gained weight and everything looked good, so i thought. Turns out Sam is in the 9th percetile. Off to MFM for a better u/s.

Go to MFM on Monday. I seriously thought they were going to do the scan and say he's fine. Nope, he's now in the 6th percentile (only grew 1 oz from 4 days prior, whereas Lily gained 9). Well its 2 different machines and a different tech so im trying not to read into that too much.

They checked his umbilical cord to make sure the blood flow was normal, it was PHEW! They also found his kidney to be slightly dialated so now we have to talk to a urologist about what that might mean. They also had a genetic conselor come in and tell us it could be a chromosomal issue...WTF?! I seriously wanted to run out of the room!

MOst likely he's just small and he's a twin. The dialated kidney is only .2 over the cut-off...he most likely will grow out of it. These people wanted me throw me over the edge i swear! Im so nervous about the c-section and having twins in general i DID NOT need that! Thank God Pete came with me (he wasnt going to since it was a long appt) bc if they threw all that at me by myself i would have LOST IT!

UG! Anyways...so Sam has IUGR (intra uterine growth restriction). Thats the lovely term they give to babies who are under the 10th percentile. (lily is in the 49th now...she showing whose boss :) ). I also had a NST/BPP that day and they both passed 10/10.

So the plan is:
BPP/NSTs 2x a week...Doppler u/s's 1x a week, growth scan every 2 weeks. If anything looks concerning then they will talk next steps.

My next doppler is next Tuesday and my next growth scan is 7/11. Pete thinks they will take them on the 11th..thats his "hunch"...he better be wrong!

Im really hoping to make it to at least 36 weeks..just 3 more weeks!

1 comment:

Jessica said...

I can't say anything about having twins, but I can tell you I was super nervous about the c/s with Bryson. BUT, it was actually much easier on me than the first one. I was up and moving a lot sooner than with Brody and everything was so relaxed and easy. My biggest concern was the spinal. And it was definitely nothing to worry about. Barely a pinch and I was numb! It was so not painful (some pressure though, but it didn't hurt at all). You will do great! I can't wait till you have those babies and start posting pictures. If you want to worry and fret about the c/s, you can message me all you want. I drove my best friend (who's had three of them) bonkers with all my questions and concerns! :)