Saturday, October 24, 2009

Egg Retrieval

It wasnt that bad. Im feeling pretty out of it though. The 2 nurses that were with me today were really great. One of them is actually the girl who told me all about PGD, i took care of her 3 years ago when she had her daughter! How crazy is that?! The the other one was a nursing student a few years back that i had shadow me a few times. So weird, but def. glad to have known someone.

So i got there at 7am and got all dolled up with my OR cap and jonny. Got asked a bunch of questions. The anesthiologist was great and got my IV in without any pain AND on the first attempt!I got wheeled in arounf 740a. I remember looking up at the ceiling and seeing the light start spinning and the the nurse putting my feet up in stirrups and hen next thing i know they are waking me up.

So we got 15 eggs!! Im super psyched with that number. Its the same amount i got with my other 2 cycles and im hoping to get 2 healthy out of the bunch again.

I felt great after the retrieval just minimal pain. I got 4 mg of Morphine which helped. We left at 940a. I got really nauseous on the way home and threw up into a dog bone box! But after i threw up i felt better. Pete made me some pancakes a lil after we got home and ive been in and out since. He just left to go get jack and then he's going to his parents for the rest of the afternoon so i can rest.

Tomorrow we'll get the fertilization report around noon time. I hope we have some healthy babes growing :))

1 comment:

Jessica said...

That is so great! I can't wait to hear that you are pg again!