Tuesday, February 02, 2010

Egg Retrieval #4

...and hopefully my last!!

We arrived at 7am on the dot and their was a line of people waiting to check in! It was us and one another couple waiting for ER. The nurse i used to work with came out and got me and i was glad i was going to have a familiar face in pre and post-op. I went in and changed into my jonnies and walked out into the hall and Dr. P was there!! She came in just to do my retrieval! LOVE HER!! The nrse told me later shes only seen her come in do that one other time for someone.

So it took 3 attempts to get the IV in and they finally found a spot in the inner aspect of my wrist..ouch! So i got wheeled in at 8am and woke about 9am and we got 12 eggs! I was hoping for 12-15 so 12 is good. Dr. P came out and said she hoped 10 or so were mature since they were in some nice big follicles. I'll find out tomorrow between 2 and 4.

Let the waiting begin...

No comments: